Wednesday 15 April 2009

Fun & Frolics In Exotic Dagenham

It was late at night. I couldn't sleep, so I got up and went into the next room to surf the web and generally kill time. Then I heard a loud cry outside:

"ARMED POLICE!!!"

And two loud bangs. For a brief moment I thought they were gunshots. But then I guessed they were the noises made by a door being pounded in. My pulse went up for a moment, in part through fear, but also excitement.

Cautiously, I turned out the light and opened the window to see outside. Nothing. All was still and no signs of life could be seen, not even the two or so urban foxes that are usually making a racket this time of night. It must have been in a street nearby.

I felt disappointed, but also afraid. I realised how thin the glass in the windows was, and how little I knew of whether the walls could stop something getting in. I realised how exposed I was. So I sat down and wrote a blog about it instead. Did I tell you about how charming it is living in Dagenham?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Queen is Undead

  Queen Ahmose-Nefertari, not looking a day over 3,500 I remember only too well the hysteria after Princess Diana died. The rank corruption ...